Thursday 29 October 2009

Falling in love




I'm skipping school again. It's such a bad habit! I skipped school yesterday too. It's just that... well, I'm so used to spending my time the way I want, and sometimes when I am in the creative corner I need time to write. It's not something I can just postpone when it's really knocking on my door. These classes I am skipping usually go on way beyond the time they're supposed to, and so I lose valuable time.

Instead of going to classes I went into Bergen again. There are many ways to fall in love, and this autumn I have really fallen in love with a lot of things. I've fallen in love with people, with the idea of falling love, and with Bergen. The latter is perhaps the most giving, this city loves me back. It's such a wonderful love story. Sometimes I take the bus a few stops more than I have to, just so I can sit and stare at her beauty. She's so gorgeous, so open and so giving. It's possible to grasp her in a way I could grasp neither Oslo or Gothenburg. I'm not so certain about the people living there, but the city in herself is fantastic. Even on those gray, heavy days she's beautiful. Now that she's bathed in the brilliant hues of burning red and glowing orange she's so romantic I lose my breath.

Before I couldn't fathom continuing to live in Norway, but I could really see myself here in Bergen many years ahead. It's a strange thought, but I like it. I feel grounded. I don't want to say for certain that's what's going to happen, though, I wanted to stay in Gothenburg too after all.

But now I am off to writing. I need to write a short story, something for the school news paper and a few letters. I'm tired though.

No comments:

Post a Comment