Saturday 22 September 2007

Waaah first weekend >_< I am sooo tired, and of course I have gotten a wicked cold. Apparently it's customary to catch a cold the first weeks one work in a kindergarten... blaaah. But unfortunately for me, the hussy (yes she looked like a hussy) I've done the work for is all well now, so they won't need me coming monday. But talking with the boss of the place, they did need someone again next wednesday and thursday and they really liked me. She was gonna call my boss at once reserving me so she didn't send me somewhere else. Well, I am very pleased to hear that because I fell so in love with all the little kiddies in the kindergarten, it fucking broke my heart to say goodbye to them on Friday. Especially little Kaja, and I even got a goodbye hug from evil little Elias, whom I think have gotten to warm up to me the last couple of days.
I mean, getting to work with these children has to be one of the most educating experiences I've ever had. Yesterday I was given charge of the two smallest boys of my group, Mathias and William, who're both a bit over a year. Well, after a lot of struggling to get Mathias clothed, William is just a dear, he just sits there as I dress him, we headed outside. It was a beautiful autumn day, the sun shone warm and the air was crisp with yellow and red leaves falling leisurely off the trees. The two little boys were just wonderful to deal with, and for once Mathias didn't turn all wrong, it appears he's just starving on attention (Mathias is the smallest brother out of three siblings, Selma the bitchy one and Elias the evil one. They're all three the ones who make the most trouble of all the kiddies in the group, and I don't think it's a coincidence...). Mathias was the happiest little camper you've ever seen as he held my hand, William holding the other, and we walked through the little grove at the end of the kindergarten. Holding the tiny threes and shaking them so the leafs fell were apparently way fun, even William had to exclaim at it. William is also very excited about airplanes and cars, and points a lot and says "shepåhde!" which translated would be something like "look at that!". They climbed around a lot, but then William wanted to use the swings a bit but Mathias is too impatient to sit on a swing for very long. So I put William in one, and then I and Mathias headed over to the grass. I lied down, and within short time Mathias had lied down beside me, so I held around him. That little person holding tight on my jacket with his little blonde curly head on my arm as we stared at the blue sky and the waving trees.. I have no words for it. I think this is a memory I will carry with me as one of the most precious ones the rest of my life.

Later that day I sat feeding William, and Mathias sat on my lap because the other kindergarten-nanny had just dumped him on me, even though I had to leave to catch my train in less that five minutes. Anyway, I sat there with them, Mathias being quite restless because he had just slept and wanted to go out and about. Anyway, William is a sucker for food, whenever he sees the trolley with lunch food on it, he runs to his chair and asks to be buckled up in it. So he sat there with his little pieces of bread and I tried to entertain Mathias, and suddenly William reaches over with one of his last pieces of bread and gives them to Mathias!!! I was completely flabbergasted! Mathias took it and calmed down as he ate it and we had a nice time all in all. William also gave Mathias his waterbottle once in a while, so that Mathias could drink a bit too. I think William has to be the kindest soul in the world. Such a tiny little person, and he already knows all about sharing.

Needless to say, there were quite a bit of tears in my eyes as I said goodbye to the kids, as I don't know whether or not I will return to them. So many little people who've come to mean so much to me, and during such a short time too. It's just that kids don't hold anything back, they open their souls completely and they trust you to mean the best for them always. Man, if you haven't worked with kids, I highly recommend it, it will teach you a lot, and give you new fate the humanity again.

No comments:

Post a Comment